Apiezon T Grease is a silicone-free medium temperature vacuum grease renowned for its quality and tenacity. T Grease has gained approval from prestigious organisations including NATO and the US Navy.
Apiezon T Grease: Medium Temperature Vacuum Grease Properties
Apiezon T Grease is a silicone-free medium temperature vacuum grease which:
- performs well under a wide range of temperatures, from +10 to +120°C
- is not recommended for highly stressed bearings
- has added cushioning
- exhibits good 'stiction' or sticking power
- has powerful 'gettering' action, meaning it absorbs potentially harmful grease and chemical impurities on metal and glass surfaces
- is easy to clean and remove as it is soluble in hydrocarbon solvents
- exhibits a vapour pressure of 4.6 x 10-9 Torr at 20°C
Applications of Apiezon T Grease
As a vacuum grease, Apiezon T Grease is specifically designed for use in the low to medium vacuum range, yet is suitable to be used in the high vacuum range at lower temperatures.
We specifically recommend that Apiezon T Grease is used for both sealing and lubrication in medium temperature environments (but not for highly stressed bearings). T Grease confers excellent cohesive strength and therefore when joints are mated they stay mated, forming an extremely efficient, gas tight seal.
Apiezon T Grease provides extra cushioning between mated surfaces, and is highly effective in protecting fragile glass to glass joints.
The strong absorption properties of Apiezon T Grease give it a powerful 'gettering' action . This is of considerable value in the electronics industry where scrupulous cleanliness of metal surfaces is required.
Apiezon T Grease has also found a niche as a barrier to oxygen transmission in both vacuum and non-vacuum situations.