The determination of volatile hydrogen sulphide (H2S) in solid and pasty samples is now very easy. The selective H2S analysis system Sulfimax GX of the ECH is extended with a manual headspace module.
The sample is filled into a glass vial and heated in the headspace module. Depending on the sample type, the heating temperature can be varied from 30 to 180 °C. The volatile H2S is transported through the gas circulation to the sensor in the Sulfimax GX and measured there. Very low H2S concentrations are detectable. Sample preparation is not necessary.
Due to the short determination times, high sample throughputs are possible. The compact and robust device can be easily operated by anyone.
H2S analysis systems from ECH, coupled with the Headspace Module allow the measurement of:
- solid samples, e. g. elementary sulphur, sludge, bitumen
- liquid samples such as wastewater with sludge particles
- pasty samples
- soil samples and waste
- Easy connection to the Sulfimax GX Lab and Go
- No sample preparation necessary for solid samples
- Very low H2S concentrations detectable
- Manually operated and robust measuring system
- Easy handling for everyone
- Measurement of the sample in the sealed 20 ml vial - no contact of the sample with components of the analysis system
- Gas extraction technique for rapid release and separation of H2S from the sample
- Temperature control from 30 to 180 °C
- Measuring time from 2 to approx. 15 min, depending on the H2S content of the sample
- Double-needle system for gas transfer
- Bypass circuit for continuous gas flow