Portable Oil-in-Water Testing
ERACHECK X, the newest portable oil-in-water tester is easy to use, providing results within 5 minutes. ERACHECK X is fully compliant with the latest IR oil-in-water standard ASTM D8193 measuring TOG, TPH, and FOG in water with sub-ppm precision. Its rugged design, with a small footprint, makes it suitable for fast on-site compliance testing even under extreme conditions.
Xtra RUGGED, FAST & EASY
ERACHECK X is built in a corrosion-resistant aluminum housing and has no moving parts. Its ruggedness and reliability make it the ideal solution in tough ambient conditions for the daily work on oil drilling platforms and as a portable field tester for wastewater professionals.
The simplified extraction procedure is performed in a few steps, requiring minimum glassware and easy cleaning. The fully automated measurement of the extract takes only 2 minutes. Results are displayed on the large full-color touch screen and can be exported via USB directly to a flash drive or PC for LIMS.
ERACHECK X is a high-end dual-beam non-dispersive IR spectrometer for the highly accurate measurement of oil-in-water. Based on the in-expensive and environmentally friendly CFC-free solvent, cyclohexane, it measures in full compliance with ASTM D8193, offering excellent correlation to EPA 1664, ISO 9377-2, and OSPAR. Unlike gravimetric methods, ASTM D8193 does not require the evaporation of the solvent, eliminating the risk of light-ends getting lost during the measurements. This leads to a significantly better accuracy and precision (r = 0.25 mg/L) over a wide measuring range (0 – 3000 mg/L).
ERACHECK X - Your features at a glance
- Full compliance with ASTM D8193
- Pre-installed factory calibrations for excellent correlation to EPA 1664, ISO 9377 OSPAR, ASTM D7678 & D7066
- On-site results in under 5 minutes
- Compact and light-weight instrument design with the smallest footprint
- 8.4” multilingual color touchscreen
- Built-in industrial PC with USB and Ethernet for LIMS connectivity
- User-specific calibrations and password protection
- Extract the water sample with cyclohexane: typically 250 mL of water is extracted with 15 mL cyclohexane.
- Select the calibration you want to use: ASTM D8193 or FOG
- Enter the name of the sample and the name of the operator
- Press the RUN button
- Inject 5 mL pure cyclohexane for the background measurement
- Inject 3 mL of the extracted cyclohexane for the sample measurement
ERACHECK X guides you through the measurement procedure. The liquid volumes have to be entered depending on the actual volumes used for the extraction of the sample.
Infrared spectroscopy: ASTM D7678, ASTM D3921, D7066; DIN 38409-H18; OSPAR IR method; IP426
Cyclohexane or Tetrachloroethylene
TOG (Total Oil and Grease)
250 mL water and 15 mL cyclohexane
5 min including extraction
0 - 3000 mg/L oil-in-water (Over 1000 mg/L: water:solvent = 250 mL:45 mL)
0 - 50 mg/L: 0.25 mg/L (900:50 mL H2O:Solvent)
Over 100 000 detailed test reports stored
Remote service capability via Ethernet
Built-in PC with Ethernet, 4 x front and rear USB and RS232 interfaces; Wi-Fi via USB dongle
User-specific calibrations and password protection
Industry-proven 8.4" multilingual color touchscreen
85-264 V AC 47 - 463 Hz, max 150 W, Field-Application: 12 V DC
15.5 x 26 x 28 cm (6.1 x 10.2 x 11 in) (W x D x H)
7 kg (15 lb)
There are no reviews yet