The Benchmark S Heated Laboratory Centrifuge was created by L-K Industries as an economical alternative to the Benchmark C unit and offers features distinct from the Melton unit. It meets or exceeds the various requirements for ASTM and API standards. It is designed for determining basic sediment and water (BS&W) content at indoor locations without Class I, Division 2 requirements. It is optimal for laboratory settings or refineries using 100 mL capacity tube configurations. It is preferably installed on benchtops and used to test crude oil or refined petroleum products.
The fully insulated oil centrifuge prevents heat loss and allows for more accurate temperature control. Its sturdy outer case is finished with a solvent-resistant powder coating. The variable speed motor with LCD display ideally operates at speeds of up to 2000 rpm. The integrated countdown timer, which shuts down the motor when a test is complete, reduces variation in testing. Specially designed collars, cushions and shields help prevent/reduce tube breakage at higher G-forces.
The Benchmark S features a latching emergency stop button and automatic locking lid (motor will not operate when lid is open; lid will not open while motor is running). It comes with a standard 4-place trunnion arm configuration (compatible with B, C, D or E style centrifuge tubes) and is available in 120VAC or 240VAC. The laboratory unit may be hard-wired or a power cord may be purchased separately from L-K Industries.
- Reach speeds up to 2000 rpm; controlled stops
- Variable speed motor with LCD Display and electronic braking
- Manual temperature control (Ambient to 200⁰F)
- Integrated timer for reduction in testing variation
- Specifically designed collars, shields and cushions for less tube breakage at higher G-forces
- Latching emergency stop button and locking lid to prevent unsafe operation
- Fully insulated; outer solvent-resistant, powder coating for better temperature control (prevents heat loss)