The Manual Piston Cylinder (MPC) is a sampling cylinder designed for pressures up to 175 psi. It is a lightweight, easy to use
alternative to Floating Piston Cylinders (Constant Pressure Cylinders). Due to the MPC's floating piston design, it can be utilized in the
same way a FPC cylinder can. A pre-charge can be applied to aid in higher pressure sampling. With it's design, it is extremely useful for
sampling situations where there is insufficient pressure to move a piston on a FPC/CPC. The piston is directly attached to a handle that
can be used to actuate the piston. It is designed in accordance with ASTM
- High chemical resistance with stainless steel, anodized aluminum and FFKM whetted seals.
- Extremely minimal (< 2 mL) dead volume. Compare with 10+ mL on FPCs/CPCs.
- Easy cleaning with manual piston activation and can be cleaned like a syringe.
- Reduces sample cross-contamination and is easily cleaned with many solvents.
- Allows sampling on very low pressure systems with manual piston activation.
- Simple disassembly and reassembly for preventative maintenance procedures.
- Lightweight (< 7 lbs) and easy to use.
- Works with products that have a vapour pressure of less than 44 psia (300 kPa) at 50°C.
- Large 500 mL total volume for situations where a sample is used for multiple tests.
- 2x Swagelok Pressure Relief Valve (PRV)
- 1x Swagelok SS-16DKM4-F4 Stem Valve
- 2x Swagelok SS-16DKM4-F4-A Stem Valve
- 3x Swagelok QC4 to 1/4" MNPT Fittings
- 1x 80% Anodized Aluminum Spacer
- 1x Dual Scale 0 - 200 psi (0 - 1380 kPa) Gauge