The Seta Salt in Crude Analyser is a robust and portable instrument for determining the chloride (salt) content of crude oils in full conformity to ASTM D3230, IP 265 and equivalent test methods.
The Seta Salt in Crude Analyser is pre-calibrated and automatically displays salt concentration measurements in g/m3 or lbs/1000 bbl (pounds per thousand barrels), this avoids the need to mix salt calibration standards and makes testing a simple and fast procedure.
Supplied with beaker and sensor support stands, an optional bench top stand is also available. The analyser also features an interchangeable plug-in sensor and can be operated by either battery or mains power.
- Pre calibrated for immediate use to ASTM D3230
- Salt concentration values displayed automatically
- No need for mixing of salt standards
- Typical test time of less than 30 seconds
- Moisture proof membrane touch screen with large keys
- Calibration modes allow verification using user standards
- RS232 - PC compatible
- Fully portable, all items contained in aluminium carry case
- Supplied with beaker and sensor support stands
- Optional bench top stand (see photo)
- Interchangeable plug-in sensor
- Battery or mains power supply
The Seta Salt in Crude Analyser has 3 test modes:
- ASTM/PRECAL - pre-calibrated for use in conformity to ASTM D3230
- ASTM USER - allows user calibration of ASTM values (ie: display values can be verified and/or recalibrated by the user against salt solutions of known conductivity)
- IP USER - allows user calibration according to IP 265 values
Measurements can be displayed or exported to PC or to a LIMS network. The instrument is suitable for bench top or hand-held operation and operates from battery or mains voltage.