The H2S Analyser and Vapour Phase Processor (SA4015-0) are compact bench-top instruments, used to measure the total hydrogen sulphide (H2S) content of fuel oils, such as marine residual fuels, distillates and petroleum blend stocks. The H2S Analyser can measure H2S concentrations from 0 to 250 mg/kg (ppm) in the liquid phase.
H2S is efficiently purged from the test sample by a combination of heat and agitation, and is measured by a proprietary advanced gas specific detector. The instrument offers a cost effective solution for H2S measurement – no costly or hazardous chemicals are required and there is no need for analytical preparation by an experienced chemist.
- Measurement range from 0-250 mg/kg H2S (0-250 ppm H2S) in the liquid phase
- Vapour Phase Processor (VPP) proven to eliminate effects of chemical interference
- A non chemical method, no wet chemistry involved
- Small lab bench footprint, fully portable operation
- Suitable for monitoring residual marine fuel blends, Crude Oil, refinery feedstock components, cargoes & products in the distribution system
- Critical Measurement method for Product Safety and Release
The Vapour Phase Processor (VPP)
The Vapour Phase Processor (VPP) is used with the H2S Analyser and removes components that may affect the accuracy of the results, such as toluene, xylene, thiols (mercaptans) and alkyl sulphides.
H2S Analysis of Crude Oil
The H2S Analyser combined with the VPP offers a fast and robust means of determining H2S levels to ensure effective evaluation and treatment of crude oil. The instrument provides a cost effective alternative to traditional methods which typically are unable to identify entrained H2S especially at low gas levels.
H2S Global Proficiency Testing Scheme
The Seta H2S PTS scheme provides global inter-laboratory comparison of test results and performance. Participation acts as a quality assurance programme enabling users to continually monitor and validate instrument performance and results in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025.