The Seta cold soak bath is a specially designed bench top unit with programmable digital temperature control suitable for cooling and heating samples in accordance with cold soak test requirements.
- IP PM-EA, CEN N 403: +5 °C for 16 hours, 20 °C for 2 hours
- ASTM D7501: +4.5 °C for 16 hours, 25 °C for 2 or 4 hours
- CGSB: +1 °C for 16 hours, 25 °C for 2 hours
- Holds x 4 sample capacity
- Pre-programmed Cold Soak test conditions
- Automatic warm up after 16 hours
- Integral Cooling and Heating, -20 to 80 °C
- Suitable for pre-conditioning samples at 60 °C
The 12 litre stainless steel liquid bath holds 4 x 500 ml sample bottles and is supplied with a removable bottle carrier. The carrier is designed to fully immerse samples and when lowered into the tank will latch in position to prevent part filled bottles from floating. When the samples are ready to be removed the carrier is raised to a rest position on the tank just above the bath liquid to allow for draining. An external drain tap is located at the rear of the bath for easy drainage.
Heating and cooling is provided by a Thermostir which is user adjustable for set point, ramp control and time functions in the range -20 to 80 °C. Cool down time is typically 45 minutes to 1 °C, then a continuous audible alarm will sound after each cold soak. Warm up is automatic and 15 minutes from 5 °C to 20 °C.
The bath is suitable for both water and water glycol mixes.
- Test jar carriage
- x 4 Test jars (4)
- Mains lead
- Linking power cable
NOTE: Seta Cold Soak bath is designed to pre-cool and cold soak a fuel sample before it is tested for filter blocking tendency in accordance with ASTM D2068; IP 387 and equivalent test methods.